[SailfishDevel] Sailfish X does not pair with HFT/HSP systems (Former: [Reminder] Sailfish OS, Open source community collaboration meeting on November 15th 2017 at 09:00 UTC)

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 04:59:00 UTC 2017

Harald Schmitt wrote:

> That sounds promising. imho the problems  are mainly located in
> pulseaudio.

Is there no option to get bluez4 in Sailfish X. I have seen and tried the
packages, but they seem not quite integrated.

bluez4 works perfect in AquaFish actually since Nokia N9.
It seems pulseaudio+bluez5+ofono are still unmature. I think this was very
unwise decision to adopt it. Very disappointing one! Why pushing there when
you have something working?

Look at TJC - many posts about this issue and the mess - bad word spreading
fast. I can not recommend this Sony X to anyone who wants to use it in a
car env.

>From this discussion I conclude that I spent over 350€ for nothing (yet) +
investment of 10+ hours, which makes it the most expensive phone I bought.
And each time I look into it it gets more expensive ... added value :D ...
and it makes no fun :)

regards