[SailfishDevel] Sailfish X does not pair with HFT/HSP systems (Former: [Reminder] Sailfish OS, Open source community collaboration meeting on November 15th 2017 at 09:00 UTC)

Harald Schmitt linux at hschmitt.de
Sun Dec 3 10:15:50 UTC 2017

Am 03.12.2017 um 05:59 schrieb deloptes:
> Harald Schmitt wrote:
>
>> That sounds promising. imho the problems  are mainly located in
>> pulseaudio.
> Is there no option to get bluez4 in Sailfish X. I have seen and tried the
> packages, but they seem not quite integrated.
>
> bluez4 works perfect in AquaFish actually since Nokia N9.
> It seems pulseaudio+bluez5+ofono are still unmature. I think this was very
> unwise decision to adopt it. Very disappointing one! Why pushing there when
> you have something working?
That is your opinion, but I disagree. The last version of bluez4 was
released in 2012. It is very old technology which is not updated for new
versions of the bluetooth standard. With regard to bluez5 sailfishos is
pretty close to the upstream releases which I think is good. I am
willing to spent some time on fixing problems that exist in closed to
upstream versions of packages. I don't like to fix problems that might
have been fixed in upstream packages already.

Other packages in sailfishos are quite outdated. e.g. pulseaudio
upstream is version 11.x and sailfishos is on version8.x. Which works
for most cases, but I would like to have a more recent version.

> Look at TJC - many posts about this issue and the mess - bad word spreading
> fast. I can not recommend this Sony X to anyone who wants to use it in a
> car env.
>
> From this discussion I conclude that I spent over 350€ for nothing (yet) +
> investment of 10+ hours, which makes it the most expensive phone I bought.
> And each time I look into it it gets more expensive ... added value :D ...
> and it makes no fun :)
If you want to save money of course sailfish X is not the way to go. You
have the phone with a running operating system (android) and you have to
spend some more euros to get a sailfish license. What is cheaper is
quite obvious.

Your free time is probably the most expensive thing here and if you
don't enjoy digging into problems you should not use your free time for it.