[SailfishDevel] Harbour is now open for Tablet applications

Developer Care developer-care at jolla.com
Thu Sep 24 13:04:08 UTC 2015

Hello,

With 1.1.9 software update and our SDK with the tablet emulator being released [1], Harbour QA team is happy to announce that we will be accepting Tablet applications on Harbour from this day forward.

We have made submitting tablet applications very simple by adding a 'compatibility' section in the application submit form on Harbour [2]. From there you can choose whether your application is for tablet, phone or both.
In case your application is architecture independent, i.e. pure QML or Python application, then it is already compatible with both of our devices and uploading single noarch RPM is enough. However, if your application contains compiled code, you need to upload binaries for both armv7hl and i486 architectures, so that it can be tested on the Jolla tablet and made available for the tablet users in Jolla store.

Keep in mind to check that the version number of your rpmvalidator is 1.30.1. Due to a mistake, the current version in the SDK is 1.30. The rpmvalidator should be updated to 1.30.1 automatically when used through the web UI, but sometimes it might need a second attempt to get to the latest version which passes i486 packages.

For more information, refer to our FAQ page [3], and reply to this thread in case of any questions.

Best regards,
Harbour QA team

[1] https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2015-September/006512.html
[2] https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2015-August/006386.html