[SailfishDevel] Upcoming changes in Jolla Harbour

Developer Care developer-care at jolla.com
Thu Aug 6 06:41:26 UTC 2015

Hello

We are sending out this email to let you know that there will be changes coming to our Harbour page, which makes it ready for submitting tablet-compatible applications. There will be a short maintenance break during changes today at 8:00 UTC [1]

The main change is on the 'Add App' form where you submit your applications for HarbourQA. On this form you will see a new section about the type of devices your application is compatible with - Phone and Tablet. With the current SDK available, you can build binaries that are tablet-compatible (i.e. an i486 architecture), but you do not have a way to test them on a tablet size screen as the SDK for our tablet is not out yet. Upon submitting your applications for review, you can choose Phone, Tablet, both, or neither. Read more on our FAQ page [2]

Please do not submit any tablet-compatible applications yet as HarbourQA does not go through testing them at the moment. We will keep you updated on the status of the SDK via this same mailing list and the Jolla blog.

Should you have any questions, reply to this email, or reach us via our IRC channels on freenode #jollamobile and #sailfishos.

With thanks to our Store and Harbour developers who have been doing their magic to put the pieces together to be delivered.

Best regards,
HarbourQA team

[1] The maintenance break will affect account.jolla.com and harbour.jolla.com. This means logging into services such as together.jolla.com and blog.jolla.com is not possible during that time.

[2] We have worked on the FAQ regarding these changes and you can read them under the 'Compatibility' section on Harbour FAQ page ( https://harbour.jolla.com/faq )  after the changes take effect.