[SailfishDevel] Update on SailfishOS roadmap

Soumya Bijjal soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com
Sat Feb 14 09:06:51 UTC 2015

On 14.02.2015 00:54, Panu Artimo wrote:
> On 13 February 2015 at 13:09, Soumya Bijjal
> <soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com> wrote:
>> Here is an update on our progress from the past month
>
> While I appreciate all the new stuff, it seems the tablet dev has
> taken the wind out of the phone SW development. On the other hand I
> understand why and the necessity,

Indeed, it has. Being small team of developers, more often than not
priorities have an larger effect on balancing our work. Nevertheless,
all long the software development for the tablet, we are making sure
that the new UI features work on both phone and tablet.

  but I wished the urgent stuff on
> phone was a priority. By urgent I mean the bad memory handling (since
> last update I cannot really say it's a multitasking phone/os even)

You are right, memory handling on the OS still needs improvements, we
have not put this aside. As an example, you can see the next set of
improvements done under the "Performance improvements" section of my
earlier email.

-bijjal

  and
> missing features like enterprise/uni wlan support. Jolla is th eonly
> phone I know that doesn't connect to those wlans. Certificate handling
> needs to be implemented asap.
It is progressing slower than we'd expect, but on the positive side
middleware bits for certificate management are coming together, our
designers have worked on the UI as well. We hope to pick this task up
again during March.

Regards,
Soumya