[SailfishDevel] Multimedia does not work on Nexus5 image

Carlos Mazieri carlos.mazieri at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:36:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am using Sailfish OS on Nexus5.

I am able to install applications after compiling and installing myself
"libsailfishapp".

I have not seen any player working, as an example when I run "SailWave"
radio player, it says:

      "Your GStreamer installation is missing a plugin"

$ zypper se | grep "qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin", output:

    i | qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstcamerabin   | Qt
    Multimedia - GStreamer camerabin video capture media
    service               | package
    i | qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediaplayer | Qt
    Multimedia - GStreamer playback media
    service                              | package
    i | qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-resourcepolicy-resourceqt   | Qt
    Multimedia - libresourceqt resource policy
    plugin                          | package

I need at least two informations to fix that:

    1 Which are missing multimedia packages?

    2 I am able to use "zypper" as "nemo" user but "nemo" has no
permission to install packages,
       when using "root" after "devel-su" it looks like failing to
authenticate against Jolla store.
      How can I install missing packages?

Thanks,
Carlos