[SailfishDevel] Jolla release plan for high level features - update10
joona.petrell at jolla.com
Thu Nov 6 13:17:16 UTC 2014
3rd party apps will use similar tooling for deploying scalable icons as the platform apps. We will provide instructions how to make you icons scalable as part of future Silica UI toolkit documentation. The source icon format will be a variant of SVG. The current plan is to render the icons to the physical dimensions and resolution of the target display as a post-installation step to avoid costly runtime scaling.
From: devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Luciano Montanaro [mikelima at gmail.com]
Sent: 06 November 2014 11:59
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] Jolla release plan for high level features - update10
The current batch of improvements will be welcome for sure, as well as the gstreamer upgrade.
The platform UI scalability, while welcome, will probably affect us as developers the most.
Can you be a bit more specific about it? Are you planning to use svg icons, for example? What should we be aware of, when designing our apps?
On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Soumya Bijjal <soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com<mailto:soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com>> wrote:
Here is a quick summary of our plans for this month.
Our current focus is towards enabling update10 to be a stable OS update, therefore ironing out issues related to memory handling is the utmost priority right now.
In addition to that, we expect to release the following improvements:
* Alphanumeric support in device lock
* Option to keep display on while charging
* Silence an incoming call by flipping the phone or by pressing the power key
* Snooze alarm by flipping the phone or by pressing power key
* Enable zram in kernel
* Edit a single occurence of a recurring event
* A way to set default reminder
Our implementation: on creating a new calendar event with reminder, the reminder time set is saved and used as default for the subsequent new calendar event entries.
* As protection against pocket calls, block touch input until proximity sensor is uncovered
Since this also means any proximity sensor faults will render the device practically unusable, it will be possible to temporarily disable proximity sensor by triple power key press.
* Device lock can be activated manually by double power key press https://together.jolla.com/question/4339/locking-the-device-right-away-without-waiting-for-the-lock-time/
Apart from finalizing update10, we will start the following activities:
- start the work to update to GStreamer 1.x (latest upstream version 1.4.3)
- start the work on platform UI scalability, beginning with making icons resolution independent and improving layout scaling
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org<mailto:devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org>
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel