[SailfishDevel] App splashscreens on Sailfish

Martin Windolph martin at yoktobit.de
Wed Jan 22 07:35:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

I don't know if there's something official by Silica, but I got a harbour rejection for long loading times a while ago.
I did the following:
On
 my "initialPage", I just show some splash image (anchors.fill: parent)
and I include a "Loader" item that overlaps that (also anchors.fill:
parent). The Loaders asynchronous property is set to true.
The item,
the Loader loads, does the rest of the apps initialization, so you get a
 state change when it's done Loading. Then it's done, I make "the Loader
 visible" (and the splash screen invisible). That reduced my initial
example: https://github.com/yoktobit/morzyn/blob/master/qml/MorzynPage.qml

bg
Martin