[SailfishDevel] App splashscreens on Sailfish

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Wed Jan 22 07:22:41 UTC 2014

Hi all

Does sailfish support application splash screens? Is so how?

This indicates https://github.com/nemomobile/mapplauncherd that
Sailfish does not - at least when starting with mapplauncherd.

My semi-ported app is taking a little too long to start, and while I
have a clear medium term goal to find out what is taking time and
optimise / eliminate that, at the moment I am focussed on getting
things working on Sailfish, and therefore a splash screen would be
handy. Once everything is working, I can then turn to get it working
ever more slickly!

Chrsi