[SailfishDevel] Scriptlets in RPM hot allowed to Harbour

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 21:10:35 UTC 2014

Please note: I actually didn't follow this discussion very closely but I
think I can add at least one small comment.

On 01/21/2014 10:03 PM, Martin Kolman wrote:
> 21.1.2014 21:34, Martin Grimme:
> Just a slight correction. As far as I know, you can only upload source code
> to Extras-Devel which is built by the Maemo Autobuilder and the
> resulting binary package
> published. I'm quite sure you can't upload binary packages at all, at
> least I have not seen
> any in all those years in Extras-Devel.

"Binary packages" can be uploaded. See, e.g.:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/icedtea6/

Essentially, you can upload a tarball as "source" that contains a
pre-compiled binary and then in the packaging simply extract that binary
and skip the according build, strip, etc. steps by adjusting the
build/packaging files.

hth,

Ruediger