[SailfishDevel] Scriptlets in RPM hot allowed to Harbour

Mohammed Hassan mohammed.hassan at jollamobile.com
Tue Jan 21 19:39:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 02:15:14PM +0200, Joona Hoikkala wrote:
> Openrepos doesn't have any QA process, and you can publish your own closed source blobs through it.
> Meaning that someone could potentially push an application that steals or destroys users data.

Maybe openrepos does not have the QA harbour has but I still have a few reasons to use openrepos:
1) I trust developers like coderus for example among others.
   I know they will not upload malware and I happily install
   their apps. Most apps are open so the code is there if
   I want to check.
2) Plenty of apps are available. Not all of them are mature
   but the FOSS sperit is to contribute (Or live with them).
3) OpenRepos is about native apps which is what I personally prefer.
   I am not a fan of Android apps at all.
4) I can browse openrepos using my browser and find the goodies I need.
5) I am sure I have missed some more reasons.

Each store has an audience. Harbour has its own audience as well as openrepos.

As for QA, No QA will prevent malware completely and it's a lie if it claims so.

Just my 0.02.

Cheers,