[SailfishDevel] Fwd: Re: QGeoSatelliteInfoSource in Sailfish

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Jan 19 21:32:47 UTC 2014

Salut

Damien

I am not sure If I have understood your question, but I think you are
asking about differences in direction from the QtSensors Compass and
the the QtPositioning PostionSource elements.

1) The Compass Azimuth shows the direction the top of the device is
pointing to (so it will change as your rotate the device).

2) The PositionSource shows a direction based on the direction the
device is travelling (irrespective of where the device is pointing).

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qgeopositioninfo.html

Similar to 2) The speed shown by a GPS is absolute, irrespective of
how the device is pointing. Some years ago I was coastal soaring on
the coast of South Africa when the wind picked up, and got to the
point where it was at (and possibly just above) the maximum speed of
my paraglider. Flying fully into the wind, pushing maximum speedbar
the GPS was showing speeds of 0.5 - 1 Km, and it was very difficult to
tell if this was fowrards or backwards - but it was most likely the
latter.

Cheers

Chris