[SailfishDevel] GPS not turned off if app exits without stopping the GPS

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Mon Jan 13 07:11:05 UTC 2014

Hi

I will call this a behaviour for the moment. Yesterday I noticed that
if an app that uses the GPS exits without stopping the GPS, then the
GPS remains running on the Jolla.

I compared this to my Nokia N9. On that device if an app using the GPS
exits (e.g. the user closes it), then the GPS stops soon after that
app has exited (even if the app does not explicitly shut the GPS down).

On the N9 this even works with multiple apps open using the GPS. In
this test, when the last GPS-consuming app exits, the GPS shuts down.