[SailfishDevel] Device deployment problems (SSH connection dies)

Jaakko Koskenkorva jaakko at 11latoa.com
Mon Jan 13 07:14:13 UTC 2014

I've been terribly frustrated by erratically working deployment to device
from the SDK.
It seems that the SSH connection dies frequently i.e. compile output shows:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.250 port 22: Connection timed out

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226)
[sender=3.1.0]

...and application output shows:

SSH connection failed: Timeout waiting for reply from server.

This usually happens after 1-2 deployments, after which device does not
respond to ssh or ping.
Things that can help in this situation (when using USB):
1) Reconnect USB cable
2) Increase timeout
...but I've yet to find a permanent solution.
This also happens over WLAN with same symptoms, in this case re-connecting
device to wifi router helps. Initially I thought that Ubuntu connection
management was confused by the USB ethernet connection, but since WLAN has
this problem too I'm thinking it's something in the device end?

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 64bit, latest SDK and v1.0.2.5 on device.
Any ideas?

--
Jaakko Koskenkorva
Ohjelmistokehittäjä | T:mi 11latoa