[SailfishDevel] Jolla Phone crashes with no mobile network available

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 16:17:01 UTC 2014

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:34:14 +0000
martin.grimme at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> those who experience their Jolla crashing out of the blue, can you
> please elaborate, to  see if we're in the same boat?
>
> Did it switch off all of a sudden?
> Because I'm experiencing this repeatedly. I begin to see a pattern in
> my switch offs. Heavy network traffic on forced 2G in the western
> part of Munich (Pasing and Planegg). I haven't experience this
> problem in other areas so far, so I assume it could be ofono-related.
>
> Do you see common patterns among your crashes, too?

One question I would ask and that is, do you have developer mode
switched on? If I hook my phone up to my PC with dev mode on, if I
should inadvertently unplug the USB lead from the PC, the phone rolls
over. It doesn't do it if I simply click on PC Connection or Charging
when connecting in the first place. It's repeatable.