[SailfishDevel] No inbox?

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 13:39:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 10:32:04 +0200
Valerio Valerio <valerio.valerio at jollamobile.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 05/01/14 19:36, Chris Walker wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:18:45 +0000
> > Chris Walker <cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> > But the real frustration is the email setting stuff. I *still*
> > haven't managed to get the thing to log into my IMAP account
> > despite the fact that I can do it on a Windows 7 machine, the linux
> > machine, a Blackberry Playbook and my N900 phone. They *all* show
> > all the folders on the IMAP account and yet the Jolla won't. I've
> > created the account countless times, both by ssh'ing in and doing
> > it by the command line and also by using the GUI. It always
> > displays 'Problem with Sync'. So as I also have an email account on
> > the Playbook I used those settings and I can see all the folders
> > that are present on that account (also IMAP). But having received
> > an email into it, when I replied it wouldn't send. I *think* that
> > initially was a problem with my router for some reason so having
> > toggled the power to that I tried again. The message in the outbox
> > would not send despite using the same settings as the PB. So I
> > switched the settings on the Jolla to use the smtp server specified
> > for my landline (the same that the linux and Windows machine use)
> > but it still wouldn't send. I deleted the reply and recreated it
> > and this time it did go. To me, that implies that the message holds
> > details of the outgoing server and whatever I did, is never likely
> > to make it send.
> >
> > So some questions.
> >
> > How can I reduce the number of accounts held in the sqlite database
> > as the number is already up to 7 and I only have 2 email accounts,
> > one of which doesn't work and the other one will be deleted?
>
> Humm, can you clarify what are you trying to do ?

Are you asking generally about the email setup or this particular
section where I am asking about reducing the number count? If it's the
latter, then I would like to reduce the account number from 7. I
realise that it's not a significant number but it just offends me a
little to see a 'large' number when I only have 2 (to be reduced to 1)
accounts.

> > Second question. Does the email hold details of the outgoing server
> > until it's sent?
> Emails are associated with an account, so yes.
> > [I do see messages in the terminal 'OfonoNetworkRegistration' there
> > was more to that but it's scrolled off screen too far to recall].
> >
> > Third question and one that's been posed here before and that is,
> > how do I set the password for IMAP from the command line without
> > using push2mail and also, I would also like to be able to check the
> > password. Is there any way?
>
> Not possible, passwords are stored in different database they can
> only be accessed via SSO apis.
>
> I'm assuming you are running update2, right ?

Update 2? I thought that there were 3 or more updates. The OS is at
1.0.2.5

> Not having inbox means that the email app could not connect to the
> server to retrieve folder list, so you get a error message, how did
> you configured the account, via the UI or command line ?

As per my comments above where I said "I've created the account
countless times, both by ssh'ing in and doing it by the command line
and also by using the GUI."

> What are the settings for your imap server ? port and encryption.

Bear in mind that I *can* send and receive from the account using
Sylpheed under linux, and looking at the settings in that software, it
says 'IMAP4 - Don't use SSL' as it does for SMTP. No ports are
specified in Sylpheed.

In the email client on the phone, I have the same user name as Sylpheed
and the same server name. I have a different SMTP server name but
that's because I want to use this thing when I'm out and about and
hence I haven't used the landline settings which Sylpheed uses. But
sending isn't the problem as I *can* send from it. The IMAP server has
been defined variously as 110, 143 and 587. Why 587? That's because I
downloaded the settings the provider supplied for Outlook and Outlook
Express. It's currently set to 110 with no errors but no Inbox either.

Having said all that, I *do* have an Inbox on another account I've
created which uses an email address I also use on my Blackberry
Playbook. Hence my questions about removing accounts and checking
passwords. That synchronises without error.

I have also just replied to AL13N (alien at rmail.be) closing this thread
so we'll leave it there.