[SailfishDevel] No inbox?

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 14:05:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 13:39:49 +0000
Chris Walker <cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:

[mega snip]
> I have also just replied to AL13N (alien at rmail.be) closing this
> thread so we'll leave it there.

Final comment on this. I created another new email account called
jolla at the.. and went through the usual rigmarole of setting it up via
the GUI. It failed to send. I then asked for help from the email
hosting company who told me that no attempt had been made to log into
the SMTP server. They suggested various tweaks to the settings, all to
no avail although I did receive different errors on the phone.

Having grown tired of this, I installed K9 mailer under Android.
Including the time taken to download and install it, it was up and
running within 5 minutes.

I'll be visiting a local linux user group this evening as somebody
wants to see a jolla 'in the flesh' before he parts with his money and
buys one. I might canvass their opinions on what's going wrong with the
native email app but to my mind, something on the phone is severely
broken.

As I'm not of the Microsoft Windows persuasion who believe that
re-installing everything will cure all ills, I'm hopeful that one of
their more knowledgeable people will be able to resolve the problem and
I'll be a happy chappy - well, a slightly less grumpy one ;-)