[SailfishDevel] File not found errors while generating rpms: how can I fix them?

a.grandi at gmail.com a.grandi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:04:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

yes I deleted the branch because another person on #sailfishos suggested me
how to fix the problem.
I merged the branch with master and deleted the branch. You can find the
whole source code here https://github.com/andreagrandi/sailsoma
but to be quick it was a matter of putting all the qml files under qml/ and
removing some stuff from the .pro

Thanks in any case :)

On 5 January 2014 18:48, Alejandro Exojo <suy at badopi.org> wrote:

> El Sunday 05 January 2014, a.grandi at gmail.com escribió:
> > -
> >
> https://github.com/andreagrandi/sailsoma/blob/newtemplate/rpm/harbour-sails
> > oma.yaml -
> >
> https://github.com/andreagrandi/sailsoma/blob/newtemplate/harbour-sailsoma
> .
> > pro
>
> Have you fixed that already? Because those URLs are 404 now. You deleted
> the
> branch?
>
> > I've tried to give a look around to other projects but I cannot
> understand
> > the differences (or better... ALL projects seem to be different from each
> > other and use different conventions...
>
> Because not all projects are the same, and because not all projects are
> developed by the same people.
>
> > it would not be better to use all
> > the same convention and having QtC to check what's missing in .pro and
> > .yaml for us?).
>
> That's even harder, and worse. You could define some high level project
> that
> would generate a .pro file, but once you generate the project file, you
> would
> end up needing to modify the .pro anyways. And you would need extra
> documentation for the added layer.
>
> I suggest you that you try to be patient, and don't try to learn all it at
> the
> same time. QMake is not awesome, and is not the best documented thing in
> the
> world, but is manageable, and for the use case of the majority of Sailfish
> developers, is not harder that doing the application itself.
>
> The problem is that one very quickly wants to do that, and at the same
> time do
> the packaging, which is another step, and is not necessarily well
> documented
> (IMHO) compared to qmake.
>
> If you can, try making your application work on the desktop as well. At
> least
> make it compile and install, so you can try simply if all files get copied
> where you want. Then you can start blaming RPM or the packaging
> infrastructure
> if something doesn't work. Otherwise, without good knowledge of any of the
> two
> sides (building and packaging), you are shooting with your eyes closed.
>
> --
> Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
> http://barnacity.net/ | http://disperso.net

Andrea Grandi -  Software Engineer / Qt Ambassador / Nokia Developer
Champion
website: http://www.andreagrandi.it