[SailfishDevel] Preventing auto sleep and detecting sleep mode

Arvid Fahlström Myrman behold at behold.se
Sun Feb 16 23:52:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have two questions relating to sleep mode:

First, is it possible for an application to prevent the Jolla from
automatically entering sleep mode e.g. while on a specific page? An example use
case would be when using navigation apps while driving, where you need the
screen to be on at all times, and you don't want to have to use your hands to
prevent the screen from going black.

Second, is it possible to detect when the device enters sleep mode? So far
I've been checking if either ApplicationWindow.applicationActive is true, or
if Cover.status is either Active, Activating or Deactivating, to see if the
application is currently "visible", but it seems that sometimes when entering
sleep mode while an application is active, ApplicationWindow.applicationActive
will remain true during sleep mode (and when unlocking the device I'll be met
by the application rather than the lock screen).

Regards,
Arvid