[SailfishDevel] Preventing auto sleep and detecting sleep mode

Arvid Fahlström Myrman behold at behold.se
Thu Feb 20 18:16:50 UTC 2014

Well, I've at least solved the first problem by implementing a timer similar to
the one used by ScreenBlank in Sailfish.Media (see
/usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Media/ScreenBlank.qml for reference), and it seems to
work properly. I wonder though, how are we developers supposed to know about
these DBus services? Are they documented somewhere? I also suspect that the
org.nemomobile.dbus import won't be allowed in Harbour, though I assume that
it should be possible to just ship the module along with my application.

I'm still looking for a way to detect when the screen goes blank, i.e. when
the device enters sleep mode. Any ideas?

Regards,
Arvid