[SailfishDevel] Inhibit PageStack back gestures on Map widget

Tigre-Bleu devel at tigre-bleu.net
Tue Feb 18 19:44:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

Bug reported here: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-36919

Cheers,

Antoine

----- Mail original -----
De: "Aaron McCarthy" <aaron.mccarthy at jolla.com>
À: devel at lists.sailfishos.org
Envoyé: Lundi 17 Février 2014 05:33:19
Objet: Re: [SailfishDevel] Inhibit PageStack back gestures on Map widget

Hi,

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:29:55 Tigre-Bleu wrote:
> I have a Pagestack where a page is displaying a map with QtLocation Map {}
> element.
>
> I can pan the map to the top/bottom/right but if I try to pan to the left,
> the OS thinks it is a swipe back and pop the page out. I would expect that
> the Map {} element intercepts all mouse events when gesture.enabled = true
> but it appears that it is not the case.

This looks like a bug in the Qt Location Map type. It should be calling
QQuickItem::setKeepMouseGrab() once a gesture is detected to prevent any input
event filters defined in parent items (such as the PageStack) from getting
those events.

Can you create a bug in the Qt bug tracker: http://bugreports.qt-project.org/

> How is it possible to inhibit this behaviour on the map widget, and to keep
> the behaviour on the rest of the Page?
>
> I guess I'm not the first one to have this question but I cannot find any
> example.

Perhaps you are :) The Jolla Sailfish Maps application requires the user to
switch to split view before moving back through the page stack. This
essentially bypasses this issue.

Cheers,

--
Aaron McCarthy