[SailfishDevel] Installation trouble with the SDK

Ove Kåven ovek at arcticnet.no
Thu Dec 11 14:22:19 UTC 2014

On 11. des. 2014 14:48, kim at foder.dk wrote:
> That was also my first thought, but the three virtual machines I have besides Sailfish runs smoothly, but just to be sure I have installed the latest version of virtual box with same result.
>
> En interresting detail, the desktop does not just freze, it is as if the desktop slowly looses -- something, until everything is static. The ability to open new windows/programs is lost almost the moment the installation reaches the "generating keys" phase, the mouse cursor is last to go.

Hmm. Just a suggestion for further troubleshooting, but could it have
something to do with the virtual network communication between the
virtual machine and the host OS? After all, networking problems could
perhaps also freeze the desktop, for example if the drivers are buggy,
or there's a local routing loop. And perhaps generating the keys
involves talking to the virtual machine over the virtual network, thus
triggering the problem.