[SailfishDevel] Cannot deploy application since SDK upgrade

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:38:42 UTC 2013

I am not sure if I had absolutely the same issue, but something that looked
similar.

I also had a subdirs project and after SDK upgrade only one of the
subprojects is runnable if you select RPM deployment even for i486 target
and for the not-runnable one you cannot select the alternative executable
nor you can create a custom configuration (well, you can, but it will try
to run it on the build machine).

Workaround that I found:

1. Run the subproject that is fine with RPM deployment (one of my
subproject was fine, maybe it's always the last one that is fine?). That
will install the dependencies to emulator

2. Switch to deployment by copying binaries. Then you will be able to
specify the alternative executable and custom command line arguments. Sure
then your code will be run from /opt , not from /usr , but for my project
it was good enough, I just have to remember which command line arguments to
supply to the test suite (my second project was a test suite).

Same thing is summarized in the demo project at
https://github.com/amarchen/sailfish-app-with-qml-test , but of course
something might be a little wrong. E.g. I think it mentions custom
executable to be used at /usr, while deploying by binary copy deploys to
/opt... a fix in docs is needed, pull requests are welcome :)

Cheers,
Artem.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Juha Kallioinen
<juha.kallioinen at jolla.com>wrote:

> On 28.10.2013 11:21, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> since I upgraded to the latest SDK release, I can no longer deploy my
>> application.
>>
>> The RPM is built correctly, after the emulator update, but the "run"
>> icon is grayed out, and in the "project" page, the "run" configuration
>> warns that the application path is missing. The text edits to set
>> custom executable/path are disabled, so I cannot fix this manually...
>>
>> Maybe this is due to how my project is structured?
>> I have a main project of type subdirs, with the code/resources in the
>> "application" folder. Also, there are conditionals to select
>> maemo5/harmattan/sailfish specific options; maybe these are preventing
>> the automatic detection of the executable.
>> However the TARGET" is not under any condition at all...
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>

> The updated SDK release installs two targets; one ARM target and one i486
> target. The ARM target has no official device support yet, so the Run
> method is not available. Please double check that you are using the i486
> target if you want to deploy your project to the emulator.
>
> The target names are SailfishOS-armv7hl (for ARM) and SailfishOS-i486-x86
> (for i486).
>
> If you are sure that you indeed have the i486 selected then let's explore
> this problem further.
>
> Best regards,
>  Juha

Artem Marchenko