[SailfishDevel] Cannot deploy application since SDK upgrade

Juha Kallioinen juha.kallioinen at jolla.com
Mon Oct 28 14:04:46 UTC 2013

On 28.10.2013 11:21, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> since I upgraded to the latest SDK release, I can no longer deploy my
> application.
>
> The RPM is built correctly, after the emulator update, but the "run"
> icon is grayed out, and in the "project" page, the "run" configuration
> warns that the application path is missing. The text edits to set
> custom executable/path are disabled, so I cannot fix this manually...
>
> Maybe this is due to how my project is structured?
> I have a main project of type subdirs, with the code/resources in the
> "application" folder. Also, there are conditionals to select
> maemo5/harmattan/sailfish specific options; maybe these are preventing
> the automatic detection of the executable.
> However the TARGET" is not under any condition at all...
>
> Any suggestion?

The updated SDK release installs two targets; one ARM target and one
i486 target. The ARM target has no official device support yet, so the
Run method is not available. Please double check that you are using the
i486 target if you want to deploy your project to the emulator.

The target names are SailfishOS-armv7hl (for ARM) and
SailfishOS-i486-x86 (for i486).

If you are sure that you indeed have the i486 selected then let's
explore this problem further.

Best regards,
  Juha