[SailfishDevel] How to fully expand PullDownMenu programmatically or elsehow to use expandable menu items?

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Oct 18 15:34:24 UTC 2013

Hi Artem

Are you saying that when the pulley menu opens, the "Change Language"
menu item would already be expanded with a list of languages?

If so, my gut reaction is that that would be a little strange. I would
expect the ComboBox to open when the user clicks "Change Language".

However I fought with something similar some months ago. In my case I
have a ListView, in this case with a list of countries. When one is
PressedAndHeld, a ContextMenu opens below the MenuItem, and the
ListView must resize (i.e. expand) accordingly. This proved quite
tricky to do.

I have just posted a small demo project I made at the time to Github at:

https://github.com/sailfishapps/ThrowawayDemos/tree/master/Working/LandedSettingsCMenuDemo2

m.f.g

Chris