[SailfishDevel] Sailfish OS API: changing home/lock screen wallpaper and running your app on schedule

Lucien XU sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Mon Jul 22 13:45:19 UTC 2013

Le lundi 22 juillet 2013 16:31:17 Artem Marchenko a écrit :
> Hi Lucien
>
> Indeed the app itself is not super complex, it just depends on the
> availability of two API bits: running app on schedule/event and changing
> wallpaper, with wallpaper probably changeable via GConf
>
> I was thinking about running a daemon instead of asking system to run it on
> time, but shouldn't starting daemons be something too much for an ordinary
> 3rd party app to be approved for the
> whichever-app-store-will-be-used-in-the-end?
>
> Cheers,
> Artem.

Hello Artem,

I guess that there is nothing like a cron-like thing for userspace
applications available on Sailfish, so better write your daemon.

Changing wallpaper with gconf do not change the ambiance, and that would be a
pity to have an ambiance not matching the wallpaper honestly.

And about the app store thing, the best is to wait I guess. The information
will be revealed at some point (quickly I hope).

Cheers,
Lucien