[SailfishDevel] Sailfish OS API: changing home/lock screen wallpaper and running your app on schedule

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 13:31:17 UTC 2013

Hi Lucien

Indeed the app itself is not super complex, it just depends on the
availability of two API bits: running app on schedule/event and changing
wallpaper, with wallpaper probably changeable via GConf :)

I was thinking about running a daemon instead of asking system to run it on
time, but shouldn't starting daemons be something too much for an ordinary
3rd party app to be approved for the
whichever-app-store-will-be-used-in-the-end?

Cheers,
Artem.

Artem Marchenko
http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com