[SailfishDevel] Sailfish OS API: changing home/lock screen wallpaper and running your app on schedule

Lucien XU sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Thu Jul 18 17:18:34 UTC 2013

Hello Artem !

I guess it is still a bit too early to talk about that, especially that the
"ambiance" changing API do not exist. (My hack that you linked is just a hack,
and do things in a really dirty way).

About your application, it should be rather easy.
You might create a daemon that is launched by systemd (you will need to get
documentation on that, but it is a matter of a file in some folder to ask
systemd to launch your daemon).

After that, you might ask your daemon to trigger some API that is not made
public yet to change ambiance. These API might come with SDK beta, we are not
sure. Personally I would be quite happy to have them in the SDK, but it only
depends on Jolla.

Cheers,
Lucien