[SailfishDevel] [update] Hotfix to update1 (1.0.1.10 -> 1.0.1.12)

Jani Kotakoski jani.kotakoski at univie.ac.at
Thu Dec 19 05:46:02 UTC 2013

Hi Bernd,

thanks for the reply.

Bernd Wachter <bernd.wachter at jolla.com> kirjoitti:

>We're currently looking into possible ways for things going wrong
>during
>update which could have caused this even without touching those
>packages. One issue might be related to removal of the 'tutorial' app
>--
>did you remove that from your device before upgrading?

Yes. I had the tutorial app removed.

After my previous email, I tried to get the gallery working by removing and reinstalling it and by deleting the cache in the home folder. These steps didn't help.

Finally, I renamed the Pictures folder and launched the app (pictures were gone). Then, I renamed the folder back. This fixed everything.

I don't get how this could be caused by the update, but I can't remember doing anything else.

Cheers,
Jani

--
Dr. Jani Kotakoski.
Email: jani.kotakoski at iki.fi
Sent from a Jolla. Please excuse for brevity.