[SailfishDevel] Ride the wave!

David Greaves david.greaves at jollamobile.com
Thu Aug 1 22:38:57 UTC 2013

Hey

Well, anything's possible!

However I will warn that we did not attempt to support dual installation and
we've experienced many issues during QA testing when we've not fully removed the
old version.

One issue is that as well as QtCreator, we also use VMs and they have the same
name; another is that the targets also have the same name and I think they're
stored in the ~/.scratchbox area so they'll collide too. Part of the reasoning
here is to do with working alongside the Mer Platform SDK where we actively want
to share targets etc.

On linux the solution I use for testing is to create a new user - since the
default install is all owned by a user and contained in their home directory it
is very well contained. I doubt this is the case on other platforms.

HTH

David