[SailfishDevel] Flatpak support by Lipstick

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 17:05:09 UTC 2020

Hi,

starting as a new thread with the specific subject. As discussed during the
last meeting, would be great to get Flatpak app ID support by Lipstick.
Idea is to ensure that a single app is started once. I will try to
summarize below, please correct me if I am wrong.

As an ID detected by Lipstick can be from desktop file indicated by X-
Flatpak.

As a helper, we can use flatpak-runner, as it is already. That would
require flatpak-runner settings its Wayland className to the one
corresponding to Flatpak ID.

I don't know how to set Wayland className, please advise. Sounded like
@abranson could help with Lipstick part, as for Wayland parts, I don't know
who could help.

BTW, if someone wishes to help with Flatpak support, please let me know.
Right now, I am mainly working on the Angelfish browser to a add some
missing functionality and polish it. Flatpak runner issues are at
https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/flatpak-runner/issues . For example,
selector (combobox), when opened on such pages as TMO, requires some
composing. Looks I may have removed too much of the composing support from
qxcompositor code in flatpak-runner...

As a side note, its unclear why single instance support was dropped from
Lipstick. Maybe there is some history behind. Otherwise, would be great to
get it fixed (my personal opinion)

Thank you very much for constructive discussion yesterday!

Cheers,

Rinigus