[SailfishDevel] Sailfish SDK 3.2 has been released to Early Access

E.S. Rosenberg es.rosenberg+sailfishos.org at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:29:53 UTC 2020

Op ma 3 aug. 2020 om 09:22 schreef Martin Kampas <martin.kampas at jolla.com>:

> Hi,
>
> > Am I correct in understanding that the mailing list is being shut down?
>
> Yes, see https://blog.jolla.com/new-forum-for-sailfish-os-discussion/ .

No offense but shouldn't such a move be announced on the mailing list too
instead of just in a blog post? Especially a blogpost about a subject that
a part of the mailing list user may find irrelevant to their lives (a
forum) and thus not read.

> > Also does a normal forum also mean we now get a normal bug tracker?
>
> This question is too general for a quick answer I am afraid. Maybe you can
> answer yourself after checking the activity in the Bug Reports category
> https://forum.sailfishos.org/c/bug-reports/13 .

This is not a bug tracker, this is yet another non-transparent way for us
to report bugs and pray that maybe someone at Jolla notices and maybe not
and never know if and what is being done about it.
A true bugtracker would be either any of the myriad of dedicated pieces of
software (which you undoubtedly do use internally) or an issue tracker on a
git{hub|lab} repository or something similar.

Sorry for the flame but I care strongly for Jolla and SFOS (have been a
user since the n900) and the behavior of Jolla Oy over the past years has
been very far sub optimal, something upon which other ecosystems try to
profit by approaching community members.

Anyhow I hope this new forum brings goodness and do suggest to reconsider
this "no more mailing list" policy (although if I'm not mistaken discuss
[the forum platform] allows mailing list like behavior).

BR,
Eli