[SailfishDevel] SyncML topic revived

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Thu Jun 6 01:06:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

Yes, I suspect that the Buteo plugins weren't updated when the rest of the stack was upgraded to BlueZ 5.
I assume that you can simply update the code in that repository to use the appropriate interfaces and APIs to begin the porting effort.  I don't believe that we mean to keep BlueZ 4 support working, so no need to have two separate codepaths with ifdefs depending on version, instead can just port directly to BlueZ 5 APIs.

The two repositories with code that will probably need to be updated are:
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-syncfw/
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugins/

Regarding patterns-sailfish-mw - I believe that patterns can be thought of as "meta packages" which simply define a whole set of packages which should be installed.  So in itself, it is not a specific package, but will include a variety of packages which need to be installed.  (I may be incorrect, if so perhaps David can correct me.)
I don't know where the patterns are specified, but they are probably internal currently.  If you have a new package which you believe should be added to the core middleware pattern, I suggest you ping lbt on IRC to discuss.

Best regards,
Chris.