[SailfishDevel] SDK versioning

Slava Monich slava.monich at jolla.com
Fri Jul 26 01:10:54 UTC 2019

Even though it's not directly related to the original question but IMO
there's isn't much sense in building Harbour apps against the latest
available SDK. That would almost certainly make your app incompatible
with older releases of SFOS. I build my Harbour (and OpenRepos) apps
against the oldest SDK that I could find in Mer OBS (1.something!), and
I'm quite happy about it because they work on more or less all devices
where they could possibly work.

I wouldn't assume that all users have upgraded their devices to the
latest release of SFOS, and as the author I'm interested in my apps
being compatible with as many releases of the OS as reasonably possible.
An alternative would be to maintain different versions of the app for
different versions of the OS which would make even less sense.

Cheers,

-Slava