[SailfishDevel] SyncML: Can not edit calendar events created on the PC

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:51:29 UTC 2019

Hi Chris,
thank you once again. Please help me think further, what the root cause
could be.

https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-syncfw/blob/master/rpm/buteo-syncfw-qt5.privileges
> for msyncd) - although if it is a child process of msyncd it shouldn't
> need anything extra as it should inherit egid from parent process IIRC.
>
> If the issue you're seeing is unrelated to that, it might be that at some
> point in the sync process a particular notebook (i.e. calendar) is being
> set as read-only in the database.  The mKCal::Notebook::setIsReadOnly()
> method causes the FLAG_IS_READONLY to be set into the Flags column for
> that notebook when it is stored.  A read-only notebook is considered
> invalid for writes (i.e. it can be used to archive an old notebook which
> is no longer valid for reads/writes).

The events are stored in the same "Personal" calendar. I looked yesterday in
the flags as you suggested below, but flags are set on the notebook and I
have only one notebook. On the items/events in the notebook I do not see
any flags or something suggesting read only. I also compared two records
from the msync db and they look the same except the UUID.

> If it's unrelated to these, then I'm not sure what the issue might be.

I looked in
/usr/lib/qt5/qml/org/nemomobile/calendar/plugins.qmltypes

and I see many fields/properties are defaulted as read only in
NemoCalendarEvent and NemoCalendarEventModification.

It could be that over the years something changed and now the code is
creating the records in the db with some RO defaults.

I am not sure if I can just change there or what exactly is to be changed. I
will try to find some description of the model, if you have ideas and/or
links please let me know.

thanks in advance
E.