[SailfishDevel] SyncML: Can not edit calendar events created on the PC

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Wed Aug 14 04:20:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you're seeing or not, but some applications are members of the privileged group, which allows them to access data under /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/ directory, which includes the mkcal database etc.

You can modify the packaging for the appropriate syncml server process to ensure it installs a config file to the mapplauncherd's privileges directory (see e.g. https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-syncfw/blob/master/rpm/buteo-syncfw-qt5.privileges for msyncd) - although if it is a child process of msyncd it shouldn't need anything extra as it should inherit egid from parent process IIRC.

If the issue you're seeing is unrelated to that, it might be that at some point in the sync process a particular notebook (i.e. calendar) is being set as read-only in the database.  The mKCal::Notebook::setIsReadOnly() method causes the FLAG_IS_READONLY to be set into the Flags column for that notebook when it is stored.  A read-only notebook is considered invalid for writes (i.e. it can be used to archive an old notebook which is no longer valid for reads/writes).

If it's unrelated to these, then I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Best regards,
Chris.