[SailfishDevel] Error installing .desktop file

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Aug 20 07:05:53 UTC 2019

"Андрей Кожевников" <coderusinbox at gmail.com> – 20. august 2019 08:40
> So, where is your pro file with relevant desktop file entry?
> вт, 20 авг. 2019 г., 9:28 Thomas Tanghus <thomas at tanghus.net>:
> > On 20.8.2019 2.23, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> > > The .pro and .yaml file are at
> > gist.github.com/tanghus/840ce2ad46ea691f2b932e796dade0d8
> > >
> "Ville Nummela" <ville.nummela at jolla.com> – 20. august 2019 06:47
> > I think the post you found from 2013 is actually quite relevant.
> >
> > Your .yaml file contains a line mentioning a .desktop file, while your
> > .pro file doesn't.

I didn't mention it being in the .pro file:

> These settings are copied (and modified to fit the project) from a fresh
> skeleton made by the SDK. And that fresh project builds and deploys just find
> (as opposed to the plugin library skeleton)

I did subsequently try to add it as it was in the skeleton project in the DISTFILES section, but to no avail :(

Just to clarify: Between each build I run Build->Clean Project, delete leftover Makefiles and make sure there are no leftovers of the app on the device.
--
/Thomas

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?