[SailfishDevel] QML IconButton in SFOS 3.1

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 10:34:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

due to the changes in handling of icon coloring of IconButton in SFOS 3.1,
I am getting a steady stream of EA users complaining about the absence of
icons in Pure Maps - as in
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1558483&postcount=773 . The issue has
been described well in
https://together.jolla.com/question/209315/bug-31011-qml-iconbutton-problems/
without any response from Jolla devs. Let's see if we can get this response
over here.

In Pure Maps, icons are expected to be drawn according to the styling given
by map, not by ambience. I was told that I can set icon.color: undefined as
a property. However, when doing it for SFOS versions <3.1, this leads to
lots of warning messages on stdout. What's an official way that I am
expected to use when I want to support earlier SFOS versions as well?

Cheers,

Rinigus