[SailfishDevel] exposing map matching as a geoposition service

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:17:41 UTC 2018

> my 5cent
> best unix practice says you install the configuration globally
> (/usr/share/<your app>) and the application should create a user copy when
> first run.
> A server can run as nemo process and despite of this read /usr/share. In
> fact this is how it is intended to work. User can not write to /usr/share
> but this is also more than OK.

​Agreed. That's the way systemd socket activation of the server works
already. On the first run, user is asked whether (s)he wants to have
autostart of the service and, on agreement, systemd socket and server files
are written into ~/.local/share/systemd and corresponding socket activation
is enabled.

So, I wonder, if there ​is something similar for D-Bus. Something that
would allow me to configure its autostart. I can as well trigger autostart
via systemd inet port, but would be nice to have it transparent on D-Bus as
well.

Rinigus