[SailfishDevel] exposing map matching as a geoposition service

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:12:38 UTC 2018

rinigus wrote:

> * I would like to enable automatic service start when someone tries to
> access ​it via ​D-Bus. As far as I have seen, its possible via .service
> file in /usr/share/dbus-1/services. However, the server runs as nemo-owned
> process and, if possible, I would prefer to keep the configuration files
> installed by RPM ​in nemo's home.​ This would give me an option to publish
> the server via store iff systemd-service activation will be allowed in
> future. Is there some way to make it?

my 5cent
best unix practice says you install the configuration globally
(/usr/share/<your app>) and the application should create a user copy when
first run.
A server can run as nemo process and despite of this read /usr/share. In
fact this is how it is intended to work. User can not write to /usr/share
but this is also more than OK.

regards