[SailfishDevel] conventions for distribution of QML plugins

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 09:30:36 UTC 2017

Hi Richard,

thank you very much for this link to TJC! I do tend to forget about TJC as
a source of useful information.

However, in the example for plugin distribution (
https://together.jolla.com/question/10713/create-the-example-of-including-your-own-library-and-standard-qt-module-in-a-harbour-compatible-way/),
the path for QML imports has been altered in C++ main (
https://github.com/d0b3rm4n/harbour-simpletorch/blob/6c1e36513269cc6f13921fd65ee7c5c222184fa8/src/harbour-simpletorch.cpp#L49).
That probably doesn't work for Python-based apps which are expected to be
rather prominent users for my plugin.

Any idea on how to alter QML import path for Python? While we would be
probably fine outside the harbour, some devs may publish there as soon as
QtLocation debacle is resolved.

Best wishes,

Rinigus