[SailfishDevel] conventions for distribution of QML plugins

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 11:13:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am preparing QML plugin that I would like to distribute. Since this
plugin will be used by QML+Python applications, its probably the best to
install it into /usr/lib/qt5/qml/PluginName directory. As far as I could
see, several plugins are installed like that (QtLocation, for example),
while others are using subdirectories to build the hierarchy of plugins.
Hence the question: do we have any convention that should be followed in
SFOS? Mer?

I am aware that Jolla Store does not accept third-party plugins at this
moment. Hopefully, this will change in future.

Best wishes,

Rinigus