[SailfishDevel] OBS questions

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 20:57:49 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have been able to follow your advice and all worked quite nicely.
However, one particular package - mapnik - has issues with fetching the
sources. The _service is configured to fetch package using tar_git from
https://github.com/rinigus/pkg-mapnik . I presume its due to the size of
the submoduled repo (160MB). Anyway, I am getting *Sources could not be
expanded: service daemon error: rpc timeout *from the friendly OBS
builders. Do I hit some preconfigured OBS limits? Would love to avoid
dumping Mapnik code in particular version to some additional repo for
avoiding the limits (as well as uploading mapnik separately in tar.gz).

Maybe someone next to OBS tuning knobs can help me out?

Additional question, what's max RAM consumption on compiling nodes? Mapnik
has required me to increase SDK virtual machine RAM allocation
significantly.

Best  wishes,

Rinigus