[SailfishDevel] Debugging a segmentation fault

Костадин Дамянов maxmight at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 19:45:13 UTC 2017

Hello.

I am trying to build a project that is not developed in Sailfish IDE.
I managed to build in the SDK VM and deploy it on the emulator VM.

My problem is that the app segfaults on startup and I do not know how to
debug the crash.
One way to launch it is by running

xdg-open /usr/shared/applications/harbour-<application>.desktop

It starts loading the application and it crashes at start so I have no time
to attach gdb.
My question is: is there a way to start the app in such a way as to connect
gdb.
Is it possible to connect gdb remotely?