[SailfishDevel] [CardDAV] duplicate entries

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Mon Feb 20 01:41:56 UTC 2017

Hi Eli,

Sorry for top posting, but OWA doesn't quote properly.

Firstly, was_local contacts occur when a local (phone device) contact is aggregated into another contact which already had a local constituent.  We only allow one single local constituent per aggregate contact, so one of them gets demoted to was_local.  This can occur if you import from a .vcf or via Bluetooth, for example.

If you can reproduce the duplication event and provide sync logs of that event (as per https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#Sync_Logs) that would be helpful!

You should be able to delete the contacts from the database so long as you also delete any entries from the OOB table which relate to that CardDAV account.

Best regards,
Chris.