[SailfishDevel] libicu

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 19:33:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

when using non-Qt libraries, its sometimes required to link to libicu with
its friends. When distributing applications linking to it, you end up with
25MB of library data that is also provided in the system. On my device,
there are three apps using it (2 mine). With many complaining about Sony X
root partition size, I wonder how standard this library is in SFOS
installations. I would expect its always there. If it is standard,
shouldn't we get it into permitted libs list for Jolla Harbour?

Cheers,

Rinigus