[SailfishDevel] [Minutes] Sailfish OS Open Source Community Collaboration Meeting, 5th of September 2016

Lewis Rockliffe r0kk3rz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:09:56 UTC 2016

Slava,

Apps would have to declare what they need to function, and then the sandbox
is in place to ensure that they can only use what they declare.

This doesn't solve apps declaring they need full access to everything, but
at least there are some assurances to the user that if they expect an app
wont need access to the contacts list, that its not poking around in there.
Expecting everyone to check the source code (if available) is not a very
user friendly solution, and asking Jolla to hand verify all apps in the
store isn't very scalable either.