[SailfishDevel] Setting up environment for compiling Rust code

Krzysztof Lesiak wave.dev at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:26:02 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to build applications in Rust to run on Sailfish OS; I've installed the Platform SDK, entered the chroot and ran the Rust toolchain installer<https://rustup.rs/>. Building a simple hello world within the chroot works fine, but for actual applications I need external libraries, which are provided by the targets, i.e. in sb2. However, when I launch sb2 and try to run rustc --version (Rust compiler) or cargo --version (Rust package manager) it doesn't do anything. There's no output, it just hangs until I kill it with Ctrl+C. It happens with both, armv7hl and i486 targets.

Can somebody tell me what's causing this? I couldn't find much documentation about sb2 on the web.

Best Regards,

Krzysztof