[SailfishDevel] [Official Announcement] Join the Sailfish Community Device Program now!

Dirk Thierbach dthierbach at gmx.de
Thu May 26 13:12:19 UTC 2016

Jolla Community wrote:
> As a thank you for your loyalty, we've just announced a new program for
> *you*, the Jolla community! By joining the Sailfish Community Device
> Program, you will get access to special content and R&D sessions, event
> invitations, and the new Sailfish OS smartphone, the limited community
> edition /*Jolla C*/.

So that's a Snapdragon 212 phone, a SoC which looks very similar to the
Snapdragon 400 used in the old Jolla. Though the second SIM slot is nice
to have.

Now the interesting question is if the design, uh, oversights of the
old Jolla phone have been fixed? That is,

* is the FM radio actually usable (internal antenna connected)?
* can the USB used in OTG mode?
* is the NFC sensor available for general usage, instead of being
  reserved to identify the other half?

>From the image on https://jolla.com/jollac, it looks like the concept
of the other half has been kept.

- Dirk