[SailfishDevel] graphDB (gnome - tracker) on sailfish

Timur Kristóf timur.kristof at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 23:17:09 UTC 2016

Hey,

> I see tracker as a efficient tool to handle Metadata. Metadata to
> point
> you in the right direction.
> We could use tracker to have a easy way to categorize Data,
> independant
> where they are stored.
> Some information can still be stored in SQL. (Does not make sense
> for
> Contacts, but maybe for the message body of an email?)

My point is, if you use Tracker, you already use SQL because Tracker
uses SQL under the hood. So your using Tracker will be even less
efficient.

> Lucene seems for me more a piece of software that is focused on
> searches. I want to avoid searches on the phone as much as possible.
> Believe me as an expert in chaos I know how nasty a search can be.

Actually, why would you want to index any content if you don't want to
search it?

> However with tracker I have a ready to use indexing concept I can
> start
> with.

So you have an indexing concept, but you said above that you want to
avoid search. Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me.

BR,
Timur
.